3 years ago Nikhil Pillai 0
The internet is a global computer network is providing a variety of information and communication facilities.
It consisting of the interconnected networks using standardized communication protocols.
Who found the internet?
The single person does not invent the internet many inventors are there who are parts of the founder. The initial idea of the Internet is credited to “Leonard Kleinrock“. After he published his first paper named “Information Flow in Large Communication Nets” on May 31, 1961.
In 1962, J.C.R. Licklider became the first Director of IPTO(Information Processing Technology Office). And gave his idea of a galactic network. Also ideas from Licklider and Kleinrock, Robert Taylor helped create the concept of the network that later became ARPANET.
Most people consider these two men are the inventors of the Internet.
“Vinton Cerf” and “Robert Kahn” design TCP during 1973. And then they publish it with the help of “Yogen Dalal” and “Carl Sunshine” in December of 1974 in RFC 675.
From where the internet comes?
In India, the internet comes in this cities Mumbai, Chennai, Cochin, and Tuticorine. The place where the international cables connect to the land is called landing stations. All of our international internet traffic passes through these certain port cities. These cable networks are laid and maintained by various governments and companies. Multiple companies usually undertake such projects due to the significant cost of investment.
There are three tiers which differentiate the size of the network held by a company.
- Company that has a global network connecting so many cables around the world.
- They will be able to provide access to any destination on the internet without paying a fee to others.
- Companies which have regional networks and are usually connect with one or more tier-1 networks.
- Have to pay the fee for accessing the tier-1 company network.
- These are the Internet Service Providers(ISPs) from whom we buy our broadband connections.
- They are the connecting the internet to the end users.
1) Tata Communications owns 3 landing stations in Mumbai, Chennai, and Cochin. They are the Tier-1 company from India.
2) Bharti Airtel owns 2 landings stations in Chennai and Mumbai.
3) Reliance Globalcom owns 1 landing station in Mumbai.
4) Sify Technologies owns landing station in Mumbai
5) BSNL owns one landing station in Tuticorine connecting to Sri Lanka
How the internet reach in our country?
Through submarine communications transatlantic cable, a cable laid on the sea bed. Between the land-based stations to carry telecommunication signals across stretches of ocean. The cable uses for the several sorts of telecom traffic, including the Internet Satellites orbiting the planet.
It helps to supplement communications, relaying signals over long distances or as a backup in the event of communications failure. The Cable prefer over the satellite due to the much lower latency and higher bandwidth it achieves.
The first submarine communications cables provided telegraphy traffic. The first communications occurred August 16, 1858. It is reduces the transmission time between North America and Europe from ten days. The time it took to pass a message by ship to a matter of minutes. Transatlantic telegraph cables have replaced by transatlantic telecommunications cables.
The cable consisted of seven copper wires. Each weighing of 26 kg/km, covered with three coats of gutta-percha, weighing of 64 kg/km, and wound with tarred hemp, over which a sheath of 18 seacoasts. Each of seven iron wires, is laid in a close spiral. It weighed nearly up to 550 kg/km.
What are the advantages of the internet?
There are many benefits few explain below which are most used benefits of day to day life:-
1) Product Advertising
- For advertise any products you can use the internet to promote the various products.
- Before purchasing any product, the user searches it on the internet to look up the different products specification sheets.
- And also audio files, images, and even video clips of products in action.
- The user was always watching the reviews or feedback of products.
- The Web allows a business to provide up-to-date information. You can only place the information on the Web page.
- It is available immediately for users.
2) Operates 24 hours
- The internet is available for you 24hours. You don’t need to wait for resources to conduct business.
- Th fact of the internet is operational all times makes it the most efficient in the business machine to date.
3) Relatively Inexpensive
- The cost of the internet is relatively inexpensive to publish information on the internet.
- A fraction of the cost to publish information by traditional methods. Various organizations and individuals can now distribute information to millions of people.
4) Provide Technical Support
- We can also use the Web site to provide technical support to users. Because Web pages can be updated immediately with new information.
- There are several technical assistance literatures quickly to reform in light of new findings and developments.
- It accomplishes without having to distribute changes to all users are affected by any changes.
- Using traditional mediums of information distribution, which are often quite costly compared to the World Wide Web.
- The ability to incorporate multimedia into Web pages.
- It is a significant advantage of using the Internet to publish information.
- For example, many Web sites use sounds and video clips to make the content easier and more enjoyable to browse.
What the benefits of using the internet?
The Internet has made it possible to do lots of things. People can shop in online stores like eBay, Myntra, Amazon.
Also communicate with family and friends via Skype or Facebook or Viber, and watch the latest videos on YouTube, blog and make money from it.
1) Unlimited Communication
2) Abundant Information and Resources
3) Easy Sharing of information
4) Online Services and E-commerce
6) Online Games
7) Powerful search engines
9) Online Surveys
10) Easy Announcements
- There is a lot of wrong data or information on the net.
- Many people are getting addicted to the web and causing problems among the individuals to get interacted with each other.
- Hackers can create the viruses that can get into the computer.
- They also destroy valuable data.
Hackers can use the internet for identity theft.
1) Leakage of Private Information
2) Addiction to the net
3) Kids Exposed to Adults-Only Content
4) Spam Mail
5) Virus, Trojan
2016 Internet Users in India:-
1) Users: 462,124,989
2) Share of Indian Population: 34.8 % (penetration)
3) Total Population : 1,326,801,576
4) Share of World Users: 13.5 %
5) Users in the World: 3,424,971,237